What is Acupuncture?
How does acupuncture work?
According to the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), bodily functions are regulated by Qi (chi), which is energy that flows through the body. It can be translated as life force, life energy, or energy flow. Stimulation of specific points releases the Qi and corrects imbalances in the Qi flow through channels known as meridians. Diseases are a result of disruption of Qi flow.
The Benefits of Acupuncture
- Acupuncture is safe when performed correctly
- Acupuncture can be used for both acute and chronic conditions
- Treatments have very few, if any, side effects
- Re-balances body’s Qi (life energy)
- Acupuncture is effective in most pain conditions
- Faster recovery from injuries and surgery
- Increases mental clarity
- Improves circulation
- Decreases symptoms of stress
- Strengthens the immune system
- Effectively increases energy, well being, and strengthens general constitution
- Acupuncture is often used to prevent illness from occurring
- Acupuncture can be used to complement Western Medicine
- Alternative treatment for patients who do not respond well to medications
- Acupuncture can be effective to reduce or eliminate common pain medication needs
Points and meridians (channels)
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) identifies 12 regular and 8 extraordinary meridians. A number of less customary channels branch off from the regular meridians. The bodily organs and meridians are believed to be connected.
- Needles are used by licensed practitioners only
- They are labeled for single use
- Needles are sterile
- Needles are nontoxic
- Needles must be manufactured and labeled according to specific standards
If you are interested in Acupuncture Treatment call 505-358-1989